By Marleen Andela - Version 1 - March 2018
1 ) Plurality
- Forget linearity, everything is plural:
- One thing hardly ever leads to another: Most of the time one thing leads to many, and many things to one.
- Most of the time, things have multiple meanings at the same time, depending on how you look at them.
2 ) Perspective
- We all have blinkers on:
- The way we look at problems defines the way we solve them. If we want to solve problems, we must first change our viewpoints.
- The ideas that we project on the world are able to cause self-enforcing feedback-loops. The same applies for the technology and the algorithms that we design.
3 ) Practical Magic
- The interplay between ignorance and awareness is the source of all creation:
- Embracing your utter and complete foolishness can be a head-start for becoming a creative.
- Most of the time, the best things happen when you weren't expecting them.
- Insist in not knowing the outcome of what you are doing, that is to only way to counter in the creative potential of the unforeseen and the unexpected.
- Embrace the things that you cannot understand, be open and perceptive and let the universe help you a little bit.
4 ) Paradigm
- Don’t try to think outside the box, Ask yourself wether it has to be about a box to begin with:
- What is generally accepted to be true, doesn’t necessarily have to be relevant to solve problems in your situation.
- Thing that really matter can never be fully measured.
- Scientific reductionism - the idea that a system is as complex as the sum of its parts - is a believe system.